Education Sales Account Manager
Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More.
MathWorks has a strong commitment to education. It comes from believing in the power of learning and the ability of engineering, science, and math to find innovative solutions to real-world problems. More than 5000 universities worldwide use MathWorks tools and services for their inspiration and innovation. Academia is a top priority for MathWorks since the beginning.
As an Education Sales Account Manager based in the Hyderabad area you will sell MathWorks Software and Services in the educational market. You will be working with technical universities and applied science schools in South India. Your role as an Individual Contributor to work with existing relationships in the region and grow their usage and adoption of MathWorks offerings.
You will be employing advanced sales strategies and tools to position the educational value and economic impact of our products and services to our customers. You will join a dynamic team in a fast growing market and work closely with local and international marketing and technical experts.
- Exceed subscription renewal targets in the assigned accounts and territory
- Develop and build higher level customer relationships within existing accounts as well as finding new customers through prospecting
- Effectively present our technical/business value propositions to existing and potential clients.
- Skilled in consultative selling, with a deep understanding of the client’s needs and MathWorks capabilities
- Responsible for the business and technical solution and value proposition
- Develop and execute account and territory planning, identifying and prioritizing opportunities and developing client-valued solutions
- Develop and manage a funnel of activities. Document and report sales activities using an advanced CRM system
- Collaborate closely with the technical, marketing and sales teams
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or equivalent experience) is required.
- A bachelor's degree in engineering is REQUIRED
- Experience selling in the EDU Academic Market is REQUIRED
- Candidates must be willing to travel up to 40% - 50% of the time
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.