Senior Tax Specialist
- Job: 29142-JSAR
- Location: IN-Bangalore
- Department: Finance and Operations
MathWorks staff enjoy a hybrid work model featuring both work-from-home flexibility as well as in-office meeting days for optimized collaboration. Join us to build your next career development step.
Do you have proven experience in day-to-day compliances of GST, Income Tax, FEMA, STPI, Customs, etc. Are you having an eye for detail that can ensure better workflows in areas of Taxation? Are you an out-of-the box thinker and a problem solver with strong aptitude for systems and demonstrated track record in leveraging technology? Do you enjoy contributing to a larger team, improving processes and workflows? Then this position is for you, offering good growth opportunities in a multi-national environment.
Primarily responsible to review, document and improve internal tax workflows and processes, you will have an active role in developing the local tax function and supporting all compliances of both Direct and Indirect Taxes in the daily operations of the MathWorks India office. You will have a key responsibility in ensuring reconciliation of all tax schedules, accounting for tax entries, filing of tax returns and responding to audits, assessments, and departmental notices.
Keeping abreast of the changes in tax laws, you will support the accounting and operations teams to implement the changes as well as work closely with global team of tax specialists and other stakeholders to ensure full compliance of the tax laws in India. You should possess an aptitude for systems and be willing to leverage technology. This position offers excellent opportunities to the right candidate.
Taxation (Direct & Indirect):
- Ability to see the “Big Picture” and critically review existing processes, identify relevant areas for process improvements, implement changes and automate wherever possible.
- Prepare and maintain all documents and ensure timely compliance of various laws including GST, Income Tax, FEMA, STPI, etc.
- Check and ensure all tax compliances are adhered to and provide support for imports.
- Prepare necessary reconciliations with the government portals.
- Keep relevant stakeholders updated on the major developments including those relating to changes in the tax laws and their impact on the business.
- Facilitate audits by tax authorities, including assessments, appeals, and other litigations and rightly protecting the company’s interest.
- Support other ad-hoc tasks/projects and supporting offices outside India when required.
- A bachelor's degree and 6 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 3 years of professional work experience, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Chartered Accountancy with an in-depth understanding of Direct and Indirect taxes and accounting concepts.
- Strong conceptual India tax acumen with experience in building, documenting, and maintaining effective workflows and automation.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a high tech and data driven organization.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with all levels of both internal and external personnel.
- Detail oriented with ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to embrace new technologies with a bent of mind towards tax-technical knowledge.
- Systems & process savvy with experience in relevant software & financial reporting systems such as Microsoft Office Applications (EXCEL, WORD, etc.), SharePoint, Oracle Cloud ERP, Business Objects, and Taxation Software.
- Teamwork mentality and problem-solving attitude, with high standards of integrity and work ethics.
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.