Senior Software Engineer - Engineering Productivity Apps
- Job: 29329-KB
- Location: IN-Bangalore
- Department: Product Development
Seeking a strong programmer and problem-solver to develop engineering productivity apps used by MathWorks product developers. You will love this role if
- You take pride in developing high-quality software and dislike shortcuts and hacks
- You love developing apps that make the software engineering process more efficient
- You enjoy sharing coding best-practices
- You love learning many facets of computer programming - variety of programming languages, operating systems, networking, distributed computing, web, etc.
As part of a new team in Bangalore, you will be developing tools and apps that are used by MathWorks product developers when developing software. Example tools include extensions to code analysis tools that look for coding problems. For example, custom clang-tidy extensions. This team develops tools and processes to unblock and empower product developers, so they can create the products that our customers use to accelerate the pace of engineering and science.
Each MathWorks product developer uses one of the platforms that we support our products on (Windows/Mac/Linux). Our development team builds the foundation that product developers use. This is a large set of applications that cover a wide variety of system level programming areas.
Develop new and extend existing tooling to improve the experience of MathWorks developers building MATLAB and Simulink. This includes tooling used to create development environments, manage git state, customize editors, search and navigate MathWorks huge code base and more.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Advance existing applications by adding features
- Develop new tooling to meet new needs and opportunities, going from minimal-viable-product to full production use.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience with systems-level programming on Linux or Windows a plus.
- Experience with C++/OOAD development is a plus
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.