US State Income Tax Analyst
MathWorks Corporate Tax Group is expanding its team! As part of the corporate tax team, you will be facilitating the varying tax impacts on the Company’s US state income tax compliance process. You will be involved on a regular basis in the tax income tax, fixed asset, and indirect tax accounting systems. You will also have the opportunity to work on varying federal and international income tax and research projects.
You will receive extensive training, mentoring, and coaching. Grow personally and professionally while building a career for the future!
- Support the preparation and review of the annual state income tax returns
- Prepare workpapers, technical write ups and reconciliations
- Prepare and coordinate quarterly estimates and annual extensions
- Assist with automation initiatives tools and procedures to streamline manual processes
- Collaborate with the Finance Systems team to help the tax team define their requirements for systems initiatives
- Perform state tax research on income tax impacts on e-commerce
- Help with varying income and indirect tax audits
- Review existing processes and identify areas for streamlining and process improvement
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- A major in Finance or Accounting preferred
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.