Software Engineer in Test - FPGA
- Job: 29584-SMEC
- Location: IN-Hyderabad
- Department: Quality Engineering
Do you enjoy working on cutting edge wireless and vision technology and interfacing those with SoC/FPGA? If so, MathWorks is looking for candidates like you. As a Software Engineer in Test, you will be part of a dynamic team of engineering professionals responsible for verifying and testing MathWorks Wireless Communications and Computer Vision FPGA prototyping solutions working on complex algorithms such as 5G, Wireless LAN, Software defined radio, Machine learning and Computer vision. You will contribute to projects from their early design stages, influence requirements and specifications, utilize programming skills and domain knowledge for developing tests and infrastructure and act as internal customers.
As a member of the software testing team, you will work closely with Engineering, Documentation and other cross functional teams to develop innovative and efficient test infrastructure to verify new features and qualify bug fixes in both software and hardware. Being an active participant in the development organization you will participate in projects from its early design stages and play a critical role in driving it to final product release.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Design test strategies and create test frameworks to efficiently test the functionality of the Wireless Communications and Computer Vision FPGA product set.
- Write test suites and architect test infrastructures to automate key customer workflows.
- Test with FPGA and RF cards using Signal Generator/Signal Analyzer equipment
- Use data analytics to improve software quality and productivity in all phases of the software development life cycle
- Engage early in the development process to influence the choice of technology, system design and architecture to promote testability.
- Diagnose and report bugs in the software and hardware (FPGAs, RF card).
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience with Xilinx/Altera FPGA development boards and RF cards
- Experience working with EDA simulation and synthesis tools such as ModelSim, Ncsim, Xilinx ISE and Altera Quartus
- Experience with VHDL and/or Verilog and HDL simulators like ModelSim
- Programming experience with MATLAB, Simulink, scripting languages, C and C++ desirable
- Knowledge of Software Defined Radio is a plus
- Experience using Signal Generator and Signal Analyzer equipment is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good problem-solving and programming skills.
- Independent and self-motivated.
- Knowledge of Signal Processing or Communications Systems or Computer Vision is desirable.
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.