- Job: 30152-VKAT
- Location: IN-Hyderabad
- Department: Infrastructure and Architecture
Would you like to join a fast-paced, dynamic build/release team that is constantly solving new and challenging problems? Are you a Build or Release Engineer who is dedicated to helping Engineers do their job faster and easier? Would you like to work with MathWorks cutting edge technology to build, test, and integrate our products? If you answered yes to these questions, we want to talk with you. Come join a talented team responsible for building and releasing of the MATLAB and Simulink product family on schedule. We are accountable for maintaining the integrity of source code in Perforce, helping to resolve build and test issues, integrating and merging code, and overseeing the continuous integration system. We are looking for a creative, energetic Release Engineer who is interested and passionate about driving innovation of release processes to new levels. You will gain valuable skills in commercial software SDLC, change management, building and deploying applications, and continuous integration systems.
MathWorks is the leading developer of mathematical computing software (MATLAB and Simulink). Engineers and scientists worldwide rely on our products to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and development. We have the time, funding, and culture to “do the right thing”. As a privately-held company committed to continuous improvement, we have requirements driven -- not budget driven -- decision making processes.
As a Release Engineer you will help build and release MathWorks products by maintaining the source code repository, and collaborate with others to address issues in the continuous integration system. Tasks include:
• Investigate, debug, and resolve build and test issues in the continuous integration system
• Integrate code between branches and resolve merges
• Work with Software Development and Quality Engineering to refine and improve the development process
• Develop tools to improve the efficiency of the integration and release process
• Build and deliver general releases, web products, service packs and beta products
• Assist Development teams with change management (e.g., adding new platforms, compiler updates, or operating systems changes)
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience with Perforce/Git
- Experience with a continuous integration system.
- Strong troubleshooting, debugging and analytical skills
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming languages (C++ / Java)
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Proficiency with Perl/Python/Shell scripting
- Knowledge of MATLAB
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.