Senior Program Manager
- Job: 30527-SMEC
- Location: IN-Hyderabad
- Department: Program Management
Would you like to join an industry leading Program Management team that is constantly solving new and challenging problems? Do you want to work with commercial software products that make the world a better place? If you answered yes to these questions, we want to speak with you.
MathWorks is the leading developer of technical computing software (MATLAB and Simulink). Engineers and scientists worldwide rely on its products to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and development. Here at MathWorks, it’s all about longevity, stability, career growth, learning new technologies, rational workplace, and truly enjoying your work.
The Senior Program Manager is a member of the MATLAB, Simulink, or IAT (infrastructure, architecture and tools) software development program management team and supports the planning and execution of multiple projects or programs. Program Management is an integration and coordination role working with members of Development including Engineering, Quality Engineering, User Experience, and Documentation to facilitate the effective development and delivery of products. Program Management is an important primary liaison between the program team and the larger MathWorks community (e.g. marketing, sales, operations, and tech support). This is a hands-on individual contributor position.
Specific activities include performing program analysis, managing risk, influencing necessary course corrections, creative problem solving, and communicating program status and activities across multiple levels of management. This role additionally involves continuously assessing and improving the processes that comprise the software development lifecycle and mentoring/coaching other members of the Program Management and Product Development Teams.
- A bachelor's degree and 6 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 3 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
• Masters’ degree in engineering, technical or related field
• Experience managing complex technical projects interfacing with software engineering and testing teams
• Expertise in providing cross-organizational management of software development programs from initiation through delivery
• Experience implementing change in a large organization
• Ability to appropriately balance strategic goals with tactical implementation
• Hands-on experience with developing and reporting on metrics for engineering development, test development and execution, bugs, issues, risks, and other aspects of Project and Program Management
• Ability to influence without authority
• Demonstrated experience with process improvements
• Experience in the commercial software product industry
• Experience building tools to make software development processes easier
• Experience with Internationalization concepts and technical implementations
• Experience with MathWorks Products (MATLAB, Simulink)
• Exposure to embedded product development life cycle
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.