Senior User Experience (UX) Researcher - Wireless Systems
- Job: 30557-KKUM
- Location: IN-Hyderabad
- Department: User Experience
Would you like to join a User Experience team that is constantly solving new and exciting design problems in the wireless network modeling and wireless standards area? Join our cross-functional team and steer projects through the full process, from understanding our users and their needs, to testing concepts and prototypes, through launch and monitoring solutions in the market.
We're dedicated to crafting clear and effective user experiences for technical software products that improve the world. You may be right for this role if you are:
- Energized by talking to customers and love tackling exciting problems
- Passionate about the user experience and want to join a dynamic UX team that is constantly solving new and exciting problems
- Interested in being a core member of the development team that builds products that make the world a better place
- Interested in improving programming workflows for scientists and engineers
Our user experience team has over 100 passionate user experience professionals with experience in user research, usability testing and design. As strategic business partners, we work closely with our product teams and contribute throughout the product development life cycle to develop new products, features, and enhance legacy products.
Learn more about our UX department
As a Senior UX Researcher, you will collaborate with members of a cross-functional development team to improve the user experience for MathWorks products and applications. You will follow a user-centered design approach and work collaboratively to research, design, and validate innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Identify which user research methods to use to answer questions about users and design directions based on projects' needs, goals and constraints
- Conduct user research, identify user pains, and study user workflows to impact strategy and product direction
- Act as an advocate for our technical users
- Execute a variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods such as, but not limited to, user interviews, surveys, usability testing, and card sorting
- Help the teams interpret and understand user feedback and provide recommendations for design considerations based on that feedback
- Contribute to requirements and collaborate on design documents
- A bachelor's degree and 6 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 3 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
STEM Degree (e.g., Human-Computer Interaction, Statistics, Electronics and Communications Engineering, Computer Science)
Experience with relevant research and collaboration tools (e.g., UserZoom, OptimalWorkshop, Morae, Miro)
Experience with a variety of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
Knowledge of MATLAB, other programming languages (Python, C++, R, or JS), or GitHub is a plus
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.