Senior Build Engineer
- Job: 30642-VKAT
- Location: IN-Bangalore
- Department: Infrastructure and Architecture
Join the MathWorks Infrastructure and Architecture team, to help design and implement the next generation of tools and technologies used to build the MathWorks family of products. Typical projects include software build automation, cross-platform abstraction layers, systems programming, and optimizations to build infrastructure for performance.
- Help modernize existing build infrastructure
- Optimize the existing build infrastructure workflows for performance.
- Innovate to improve existing infrastructure and architect system-wide solutions.
- Design and implement solutions to profile and measure the software build performance.
- Design and develop infrastructure to prevent software build problems.
- Contribute to the development of distributed build infrastructure.
- Document work to help train and educate developers about the build system.
- A bachelor's degree and 6 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 3 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- B.E/B.Tech or M.E/M.Tech in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant technical field.
- Prior experience with developing build systems for a large codebase.
- Hands-on development experience with Build infrastructure developed with at least one of GNU Make, CMake, Bazel etc.
- Be comfortable with multiple operating systems, development environments, and languages (C++, C, MATLAB).
- Experience working with build software distributed systems such as distcc, Incredibuild, Ccache.
- Experience with programming and debugging in one or more languages like Perl, Python, or Golang.
- Experience with software configuration management tools such as Perforce or Git
- Attention to detail, Critical thinking, good problem-solving skills
- "Toolsmith" attitude, craftsman, enjoys writing utilities and automating processes to streamline development
- Excellent project coordination skills, planning skills, verbal and written communication skills.
- Independent learner and self-directed takes initiative while working within a team context.
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and balance priorities with good time management.
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.