Senior Embedded Software Engineer
As a Software Engineer in the Embedded Targets team, you will shape the future of embedded programming by creating state-of-the-art Model-Based Design solutions. You will apply your embedded expertise to architect solutions for deployment of algorithms such as motor control, power conversion, IoT, audio and video processing on microcontrollers and DSPs. You will collaborate with other top innovators throughout the company to build tools that automatically translate MATLAB and Simulink designs to optimal embedded implementations
- You will design and develop Model-Based Design code generation capabilities for embedded processors.
- As part of a dynamic, high-energy and fast-growing team, you will be involved in technical projects from concept to product release.
- You will collaborate with other technical leaders throughout the company to advance code generation technology.
- You will be responsible for software architecture design, code implementation, defining testing strategies, tracking your project and finalizing the product.
- A bachelor's degree and 6 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 3 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience with MATLAB or Simulink
- Experience with embedded development environments: IDEs and debuggers
- Experience programming device drivers (e.g., CAN, I2C, SPI, SCI, PWM, A/D converters, video decoders/encoders, etc.)
- Experience with complex software development projects requiring collaboration with multiple developers
- Experience with object-oriented design and analysis (OOAD)
- Experience with programming multi-core embedded applications
- Experience with TI C2000 processors
- Experience with STM32 processors
- Experience with Infineon processors
- Experience with Renesas processors
- Experience with bare-metal scheduler
- Experience with integrating run-time libraries
- Experience with real-time operating systems (RTOS), e.g., Embedded Linux, Android, VxWorks
- Experience with SoC (e.g., Zynq)
- Experience with Programming ARM Cortex-M and ARM Cortex-A based processors
- Experience with network protocols like TCP/IP and UDP
- Experience with IoT platforms
- Experience with FPGAs
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.