Aero System Modelling Engineer
- Job: 30765-JSAR
- Location: IN-Bangalore
- Department: Product Development
Do you have a strong aptitude for mathematical modelling, simulation, and analysis? Do you have experience in electric air vehicle system-modelling, such as developing models for aircraft, drones, and UAVs?
You might be:
- An experienced engineer with a good understanding of electric aircraft flight system, aircraft power systems, controls, and ECS.
- A post-graduate, or post-doctorate, of engineering with industrial experience and a keen interest in the aero-vehicle system modelling domain.
Come and join a team at MathWorks that builds great physical modelling and control software solutions. Engineers use products like ours to optimize product performance by simulating system behaviour early in the development cycle.
At MathWorks, modelling engineers are members of multidisciplinary product teams that include documentation content developers, quality engineers, technical marketing specialists, and UX professionals, all with a common goal: to develop high-quality engineering design tools that meet the needs of customers ranging from students to industry experts.
We are looking for a self-starter with the background, skills, and enthusiasm to extend use of MathWorks physics-based modelling products for electric air vehicle system design.
- Build mathematical models for electric propulsion, controls, electrical power systems and thermal management for aircraft, UAVs, and/or drones; deep expertise in one of the mentioned areas and familiarity with the rest.
- Work with our user community and customer-facing groups to understand what customers need to achieve so they can harness our technologies for solving their real-world challenges.
- Participate within a multidisciplinary team in product planning, design review, and testing to shape the design of our cutting-edge products before they go out the door.
- Help MathWorks develop next-generation Model-Based Design software.
- A bachelor's degree and 6 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 3 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Master’s degree with 7+ years of industry experience or a PhD with 3+ years of industry experience in Aerospace / Electrical / Controls Engineering, or related field.
- Prior (hands-on) experience with numerical analysis and programming.
- Prior industrial experience in air-vehicle system (aircraft, UAVs, and/or drones) modelling.
- Electrical systems, control and optimization.
- Software development experience.
- Knowledge of MATLAB and Simulink are highly desirable
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.