Engineering Technical Writer - Embedded Targets
Join the Documentation team at MathWorks and write content to explain how to use sophisticated software to model dynamic and embedded systems. At MathWorks, technical writers learn about information requirements from users and, as integral members of multidisciplinary product teams, you will help shape the design of cutting-edge software.
- Write user-focused content that explains how to use tools to design, model, and simulate engineering systems
- Develop reference examples that show how to use Model-Based Design to develop, simulate, and verify algorithms for robotics and digital signal processing applications
- Work with customers and customer facing groups to identify use cases, workflows, user tasks, and information needs
- Identify missing topics and fill gaps in existing information
- Participate in the software development process, review software requirements and functional designs, provide comments and suggest improvements
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- 3+ years of experience writing for a technical audience
- Experience using MATLAB, Simulink, or modeling dynamic systems
- Ability to explain engineering or science concepts in writing
- Ability to develop and document simple, creative demonstrations of practical solutions
- Ability to work collaboratively within cross-function product teams and a multi-writer team
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.