Software Program Manager - Code Generation
- Job: 30873-RRAV
- Location: IN-Bangalore
- Department: Program Management
As Software Program Manager, you will partner with development leadership to help them plan, track, and execute projects and programs that deliver powerful and innovative features to industry-leading companies across the world. You will be responsible for developing insightful and dependable analyses of program-related metrics for tracking and reporting status to the wider organization. You achieve objectives by successfully influencing cross-functional team leads, without direct reporting authority. Your curiosity, creativity, and program management experience will help you identify and mitigate potential problems that others might not immediately recognize. You will work as part of a global program management group and will interface with multiple functional groups within the company and across the world.
Join us in accelerating the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. At MathWorks we cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that nurtures individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values teamwork, shares success, and rewards excellence.
- Partner with software development teams and help them plan, track and execute challenging, cross-organizational programs while maintaining focus on their strategic goals and objectives.
- Perform program analysis, manage risk, identify and influence necessary course corrections, creatively solve problems, and communicate program status and activities across multiple levels of management.
- Continuously assess and improve the processes that comprise the software development lifecycle and mentor/coach other members of the Program Management and Product Development Teams.
- A bachelor's degree and 6 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 3 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Degree in engineering, technical or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to influence others to get things done, even when you have no direct line of authority over them
- Experience in the commercial software product industry
- Experience managing complex technical projects and programs interfacing with software engineering and testing teams
- Expertise in providing cross-organizational management of software development programs from initiation through delivery
- Experience implementing change in a large organization
- Experience designing and implementing process improvements
- Ability to appropriately balance strategic goals with tactical implementation; long term direction with change and uncertainty
- Hands-on experience with developing and reporting on metrics for engineering development, test development and execution, bugs, issues, risks, and other aspects of Project and Program Management
- Experience with MathWorks Products (MATLAB, Simulink)
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.