User Experience (UX) Manager - Wireless Systems
- Job: 30914-KKUM
- Location: IN-Hyderabad
- Department: User Experience
As a UX Manager, you will set the direction and standard of excellence for UX Design and Research practices through excellence in UX practice, powerful and creative design, and strong cross-functional collaboration. As a member of the management team you will lead the ongoing growth and development of an exciting, innovative UX organization.
Learn more about our UX department
- Advocate for customer centric design, usability and accessibility across the organization.
- Partner with leadership and cross functional teams to envision and deliver powerful, high-quality designs that continuously improve our customer’s workflows and experience.
- Partner with engineering leadership in bi-annual release planning to ensure the right UX resource prioritization and work with UX Researchers and Designers to plan UX activities.
- Initiate collaboration with peers and stakeholders to ensure delivering high-quality products through the entire design and development process.
- Empower, retain and grow a UX team to help achieve great performance, awesome teamwork, and a fun, vibrant UX and design community.
- Provide coaching and feedback to direct reports to help grow functional skills and leadership capability for UX Designers and UX Researchers, with support from senior leadership.
- Help make the connections and connect the dots for your UX team and other UX and product teams in other MathWorks locations.
- Drive and evangelize product design consistency.
- A bachelor's degree and 6 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 3 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience managing a team of UX researchers and/or designers, including hiring, onboarding, goal setting, mentoring and coaching, and performance assessment
- Experience in UX leadership, strategy, and operations, with a focus on designing and developing commercial web or desktop software applications
- Experience with developing, applying, and presenting on UX metrics and evaluation, both quantitative and qualitative
- Effective development of leadership and UX skills within staff/organization
- Experience with process improvement and change managemen
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.