- Job: 30954-RRAV
- Location: IN-Bangalore
- Department: Information Technology
This position within the Infrastructure team is responsible for taking on a leadership role supporting our global data network, network/security applications, and related projects within the company. Responsibilities include supporting and improving our WAN/LAN design, wireless, server/services, and operational processes.
The ideal candidate will be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced globally distributed team with experience in Network Engineering including:
Network design, deployment, optimization, and administration experience with WAN/LAN/WLAN technologies. Juniper and Aruba experience is preferred.
Solid grasp of network switching and routing protocols, QoS, VOIP, DHCP, DNS.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Develop procedures, proposals, plans, and guidelines for network design and system configuration, deployment, and support.
- Work with team members to provide technical solutions and guidance for internal customers and team members in all aspects of networking operating systems
- Perform and assist internal customers and team members in resolving escalated networking issues.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of the various networking technologies, server operating systems, remote access technologies, policies, procedures and best practices; suggest ways to improve/expand upon the efficiency of operations.
- Troubleshoot networks, systems, and applications to identify and correct operational problems
- Assist in the research, selection and implementation of network and security solutions within MathWorks.
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with Juniper, Cisco, HP or equivalent firewall/switch/routing equipment, Aruba Wireless, VoIP, IP networking
- Experience with managing medium to large network infrastructures
- Professional certifications in networking, Unix, windows, or storage system administration desirable
- Experience working in a team environment with other systems administrators/engineers and in a multi-national team, building relationships with our software and development organizations
- Knowledge of current industry best practices and trends.
- Networking experience with Private Internal Cloud (VMware or Open Stack environments) and connectivity to and within Public Cloud providers
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.