Manager, Engineering Development Group
Not the typical Engineering Manager job role. Do you have passion for coaching and people management?
The Engineering Development Group (EDG) hires entry-level Engineers (Bachelors, Masters and PhDs). You will manage & coach 15-18 individual contributors by identifying & developing their technical, professional and personal skills for a successful technical career at MathWorks.
This role focuses on:-
- Performance Management - provide ongoing coaching on career advancement opportunities for the growth and development of entry-level engineers
- Leverage your industry experience to provide coaching & guidance on customer case management, response time, and teamwork in providing product/technical support to our customers
- Interviewing and hiring of qualified entry-level engineers (Bachelors, Masters & PhDs) throughout the year
- Collaborate with our Software Development & Customer-facing teams on product/technical support and customer-reported product issues
- Establish and evolve effective business goals, strategies and processes
- Develop procedures, proposals, plans & guidelines and implement them
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or equivalent experience) is required. 2 years management experience is required.
- Bachelors or Masters degree (Engineering/Computer Science degree required)
- 2-5 years of people management experience (software company preferred)
- Experience working with customers
- Effective leadership and coaching skills: Ability to guide, motivate, and inspire others
- Stakeholder Management: Keeps others informed, involves the right people in decision making
- Is proactive and demonstrates strong initiative
- Has the ability to envision processes & procedures to address working dynamics within the group
- Previous experience with interviewing and hiring
- Prior experience with Knowledge Management
- Experience working with globally distributed teams
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.