Technical Writer - Navigation Systems and Robotics
Do you have an expertise in autonomous navigation systems with a flair for explaining complex concepts and procedures to technical audiences?
You might be:
- A researcher, domain expert, software developer, author, or professional with a strong technical background and a keen interest in technical communication.
- Come join a team that creates online content for MATLAB and Simulink users in the navigation systems and robotics domain. Become a part of a multi-disciplinary team and help shape the design of cutting-edge software.
At MathWorks, we take pride in our documentation and it is a fully-integrated part of our software. As an important member of a multidisciplinary team, you will:
- Write user-focused content that explains key concepts and solutions to our end-users
- Develop practical examples and tutorials
- Participate in the development of products, review software requirements and functional designs, provide comments, and suggest improvements
- Act as an user advocate and contribute to software design by participating in usability studies and by using the software.
- Help MathWorks develop next generation online resources
- A bachelor's degree and 6 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 3 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Knowledge of SLAM, path planning, localization
- Experience with MATLAB and/or Simulink
- Proven ability to explain complex engineering or science concepts clearly
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional development, quality, and usability teams
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.