Test Case Extension
Simulink® Design Verifier™ analyzes a model to achieve full model coverage. You can use existing test cases or existing coverage data to achieve full model coverage.
Model Coverage Analysis
- Use Test Generation Advisor to Identify Analyzable Components
Use the Test Generation Advisor to guide model and component analysis.
- Design Verifier Pane: Test Generation
Specify options that control how Simulink Design Verifier generates tests for the models it analyzes.
- Simulink Design Verifier Options
Overview of the Simulink Design Verifier options in the Configuration Parameters dialog box.
- Review Analysis Results
Review analysis results in the Simulink Design Verifier Results Summary window.
Code Coverage Analysis
- Generate Test Cases for Embedded Coder Generated Code
Outlines a process for generating test cases for generated code.
- Code Coverage Test Generation
This example shows how to use Simulink® Design Verifier™ to generate test cases to obtain complete code coverage.
- Configuring S-Function for Test Case Generation
This example shows how to compile an S-Function to be compatible with Simulink® Design Verifier™ for test case generation.
- Support Limitations and Considerations for S-Functions and C/C++ Code
Describes limitations and considerations of S-functions and Generated Code in Simulink Design Verifier.
Extend Test Cases
- When to Extend Existing Test Cases
Explains when to extend existing test cases to create a complete test suite.
- Extend Test Cases for Model with Temporal Logic
Extends existing test cases to analyze a model that uses temporal logic.
- Extend Test Cases for Closed-Loop System
Extends existing test cases to analyze a closed-loop system in a model.
- Extend Test Cases for Modified Model
Extends existing test cases for a model that you have previously analyzed and then modified.
- Creating and Executing Test Cases
This example shows how to use Simulink® Design Verifier™ functions to log input signals, create a harness model, generate test cases for missing coverage, merge harness models, and execute test cases.
- Extend an Existing Test Suite
This example shows how to use Simulink® Design Verifier™ to extend an existing test suite to obtain missing model coverage.
- Defining and Extending Existing Tests Cases
This example shows how Simulink® Design Verifier™ can extend test cases with additional time steps to efficiently generate complete test suites.
- Extend Existing Test Cases After Applying Parameter Configurations
This example shows how to achieve missing coverage by extending existing test cases after applying parameter configurations.
Achieve Missing Coverage
- Missing Coverage in Subsystems and Model Blocks
Explains how to convert subsystems to Model blocks before attempting to achieve missing coverage.
- Achieve Missing Coverage in Referenced Model
Achieves missing coverage data in a referenced model and combines it with coverage data for the top-level model.
- Achieve Missing Coverage in Closed-Loop Simulation Model
Achieves missing coverage data in a closed-loop simulation model.
- Using Existing Coverage Data During Subsystem Analysis
This example shows how Simulink® Design Verifier™ can target its analysis to a single subsystem within a continuous-time closed-loop simulation and generate test cases for missing coverage in that subsystem.