If you are able to launch MATLAB
From within MATLAB:
- Open the Help menu in the Resources section of the toolstrip.
- In the Help menu, go to the "Licensing" submenu.
- Select "Update Current Licenses..." from the Licensing submenu.
If you are unable to launch MATLAB
If your license file has expired or there is another license reason preventing MATLAB from starting, you can still update your license by launching the MATLAB activation client. Please see the following article to find instructions on launching the activation client directly:
If you cannot connect to the Internet
If your computer that is running MATLAB cannot connect to the internet, you can download a license file manually from www.mathworks.com on another computer and move the file over to the computer.
- Log into www.mathworks.com
- Click on your name in the top right and then click 'My Account'
- Select your license number from the list
- Click on the 'Install and Activate Tab'
- If you are an Administrator on the license, skip to the next step. If you are an End User on the license, on the right-hand side under 'Related Tasks' select 'Update License File'.
- You will then see a list of your activations for the license and next to each a download and email license file button, please click the download option
- Once you have the license file, please place it in your licenses folder and then try to start MATLAB. A list of the license file folders for various operating systems is in the link below: