Enez Furkan Cihan

How to send a matrix info into a mosfet's gate

Enez Furkan Cihan on 20 Jul 2019 (Edited on 20 Jul 2019)
Latest activity Edit by Darshan Pandit on 20 Jul 2019

I'm working on a simulink design, using MATLAB function. By the benefit of the MATLAB function, I got 1x10 array of which values are like [1 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 0], I want these values to be sent to the MOSFET's gate sequentially. I thought it would have been done with 'For loop' to send it sequentially but I found out that's not possible since it's just sensed the latest column's value so that I just saw 0 in my scope. Any idea how to do it properly? Below you can see the simulink design.

Darshan Pandit
Darshan Pandit on 20 Jul 2019

Hi Enez,

I think using the "Repeating Sequence" block would meet your needs. You can specify the time & corresponding array in the block dialog.

Give it a try and let us know.

Enez Furkan Cihan
Enez Furkan Cihan on 20 Jul 2019 (Edited on 20 Jul 2019)

Hi Darshan, "MATLAB Function" is actually a block that includes "Repeating Sequence" via coding in. Assume it has random current values, I make some calculations in the MATLAB Function and finally it gives me the matrix vector I specified in the question. I need to drive those bits to the gate sequentially.I tried to use "Demux" to get the matrix's values bit by bit and use delay among them then send to the gate of Mosfet sequentially. But couldn't able to connect more than one wire to the gate.

Darshan Pandit
Darshan Pandit on 20 Jul 2019 (Edited on 20 Jul 2019)

Hi Enez,

Thanks for the clarification.

You can use the "Simulink\Signal Routing\Selector" block to do the job.

The block will output element of the array corresponding to index input.

Input your gate-pulse array to this block, and generate an index signal at required step times. You'll have to build up a logic to specify the element number during different steps of simulation (I've used a counter below).

Pl find below a screenshot of an example:

Hope this helps. Let me know!

See Also