AWAITBAR displays waitbar with abort button
Clicking on the ABORT or the CLOSE button of the waitbar figure will abort the loop and close the waitbar.
H = awaitbar(x,message) creates and displays a waitbar of fractional length X with the message text in the waitbar figure. The handle to the waitbar figure is returned in H. x should be between 0 and 1.
H = awaitbar(x,message,figTitle) displays title in the figure title
H = awaitbar(x,message,figTitle,figPosition) positions the figure according to the value specified in figPosition
abort = awaitbar(x) will update in the most recently created waitbar window. The output "abort" has value true when user click the abort button of the awaitbar.
abort = awaitbar(x,H,...) will update in waitbar H
1. Abort button to abort the loop and close the waitbar figure.
1. It stays on top of other figures. % Thanks to Peder Axensten(11398).
2. Only one waitbar window, so no old ones left around. Thanks to Peder Axensten(11398).
5. Elapsed time and Estimated Remaining time are shown in the figure.
6. Update of the progress is also shown in the figure title.
7. User defined figure position.
h = awaitbar(0,'Running Monte-Carlo, please wait...');
pause(0.05); % Do stuff
abort = awaitbar(i/n,h,['run :' num2str(i)]); % with update message
if abort; break; end
Durga Lal Shrestha (2020). AWAITBAR: alternative to waitbar (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/15231-awaitbar-alternative-to-waitbar), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
Abort button now works also in function
Some bug fixes