Linear vertical vibrations of suspension bridges
Updated Thu, 14 May 2020 13:17:02 +0000
The vertical eigenfrequencies and mode shapes of a single-span suspension bridge are computed using the method by Luco et Turmo . For the sake of completeness, the computed modal parameters are compared with those obtained using the method by Sigbjørnsson & Hjorth-Hansen  and Strømmen .
The submission contains:
- eigenBridge.m (it is identical to File ID: #51815) and is inspired from [5,6]
- eigenridge2.m based on works of . I am simply writing the equations and their solutions in a numerical way.
- eigBridge_Verification.m: its only purpose is to verify the numerical implementation of eigenBridge2.m
- Verifications.mlx : It is a verification of the works of , where I try to obtain exactly what  show in their paper.
- Application.mlx: I compare eigenBridge.m with eigenBridge2.m
Any comment or idea of improvement is warmly welcome.
 Luco, J. E., & Turmo, J. (2010). Linear vertical vibrations of suspension bridges: A review of continuum models and some new results. Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, 30(9), 769-781.
 Sigbjørnsson, R., Hjorth-Hansen, E.: Along wind response of suspension bridges with special reference to stiffening by horizontal cables. Engineering Structures 3, 27–37 (1981)
 Structural Dynamics, Einar N Strømmen, Springer International Publishing, 2013. ISBN: 3319018019, 783319018010
E. Cheynet (2022). Linear vertical vibrations of suspension bridges (https://github.com/ECheynet/eigenBridge2/releases/tag/1.5.1), GitHub. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!