The critical flutter velocity Vcr of a suspension bridge is estimated using a simple computational model accounting for the lateral, vertical and torsional motion of the bridge deck and using a multimodal approach. The computation is conducted in the frequency domain using the method proposed in . The computed value of Vcr is compared to the famous analytical expressions from Selberg  and Rocard .
The present submission contains:
- The function fluterFd, which computes the critical flutter velocity following 
- The function VcrFlutter, which computes the critical flutter velocity following [2,3]
- An example file Example.m
- Two .mat file modalParameters_case1.mat and modalParameters_case2.mat that are used to load the eigen-frequencies and mode shapes of the two bridge models investigated
This is the first version of the submission. Some bugs may still exist. Any question, comments or suggestion is warmly welcomed.
 Jain, A., Jones, N. P., & Scanlan, R. H. (1996). Coupled aeroelastic and aerodynamic response analysis of long-span bridges. Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, 60, 69-80.
 Selberg, A., & Hansen, E. H. (1966). Aerodynamic stability and related aspects of suspension bridges.
 Rocard, Y. (1963). Instabilite des ponts suspendus dans le vent-experiences sur modele reduit. Nat. Phys. Lab. Paper, 10.
E. Cheynet (2020). Flutter velocity of a suspension bridge (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/67033-flutter-velocity-of-a-suspension-bridge), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
Perfect code, i have 3 questions .(1) Quasi-static assumption is used . so its no all the same in the references. every mode have three freedom, Every freedom need normalized?
(2)What does this code mean,why (jj,jj) is select.
dummyF = zeros(1,newN);
[dummyF(1,jj),~] = eigenFreqSyst(Mtot(jj,jj),Ktot(jj,jj),Ctot(jj,jj));
(3) In the reference ,is every mode is solved in one equation by generalized coordinates? IN this code every mode is soved in three degree of freedom ,That is a matrix 3(dof)*6(mode).
thank you very much
Added the project website