MathWorks is the leading developer of mathematical computing software. Engineers and scientists worldwide rely on its products to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and development.
MATLAB®, the language of engineers and scientists, is a programming environment for algorithm development, data analysis, visualization, and numeric computation. Simulink® is a block diagram environment for simulation and Model-Based Design of multidomain and embedded engineering systems. The company produces nearly 100 additional products for specialized tasks such as data analysis and image processing.
MATLAB and Simulink are used throughout the automotive, aerospace, communications, electronics, and industrial automation industries as fundamental tools for research and development. They are also used for modeling and simulation in increasingly technical fields, such as financial services and computational biology. MATLAB and Simulink enable the design and development of a wide range of advanced products, including automotive systems, aerospace flight control and avionics, telecommunications and other electronics equipment, industrial machinery, and medical devices. More than 6500 colleges and universities around the world use MATLAB and Simulink for teaching and research in a broad range of technical disciplines.
MathWorks employs over 4500 people, with 30% located outside the United States.
- $1 billion in 2018, with more than 60% from outside the United States
- Profitable every year since its founding
The MathWorks, Inc.
3 Apple Hill Drive
Natick, Massachusetts 01760 USA
- Founded in 1984
- Privately held
- Software installations at over 100,000 business, government, and university sites
- Customers in 185 countries
- There are more than:
- 4 million users of MATLAB worldwide
- 3 million files downloaded from File Exchange on MATLAB Central each year
- 525,000 contributors worldwide to MATLAB Central apps
- 500 third-party solutions that build on MATLAB and Simulink
- 2000 MATLAB based books in 27 languages