Senior Software Engineer with Strong C++ experience
We are seeking a motivated and talented Senior software engineer with strong work experience in Compiler technologies and RTL Knowledge into HDL Coder team. The HDL Coder team at Mathworks is responsible for developing novel compiler optimization techniques to automatically generate efficient RTL code from MATLAB/Simulink models. An ideal candidate for this position must have a passion for solving challenging software problems involving automatic code generation, Intermediate Code representation, Data flow analysis etc.
This role has an excellent growth opportunity as the HDL Coder is consistently growing and is widely adopted by a large body of customers worldwide.
You will be responsible for adding new features to HDL coder product. Specifically, you will be working on
- VHDL/Verilog code generation from MATLAB and Simulink models
- Enhancing HDL Coder to support new mathematical operators, language constructs, communication, vision algorithms etc.
- Compiler infrastucture to Optimize/refactor and/or add to exisiting code for supporting new features
In addition, You will also
- Participate in all facets of Software development cycle
- Lead and mentor a team of engineers
- Participate in Architecture, Design Reviews and Release plans
- Collaborate with other teams to derive new requirements and/or drive adaptation of HDL coder across teams
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience with compiler development
- Expertise with C++
- Programming experience in HDL's
- Experience in MATLAB, Simulink is a plus
- Experience in large code base projects/products
- Object Oriented Programming techniques
- Good Background in Code analysis, enhancements, refactoring skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills especially the ability to communicate well with remote teams
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here