Senior Technical Writer - Autonomous Systems
Do you have a strong aptitude for writing, interest in learning new technologies, and a flair for explaining complex concepts and procedures to technical audiences? You might be:
- Experienced in image or video processing and considering a career change.
- A recent graduate in engineering or science with a keen interest in technical communication.
- An experienced writer with a strong technical background.
Come join a team that writes online help content showing how to use MathWorks automated driving tools! Write documentation and examples that show creative ways to process, analyze and visualize images and geographic data. Become a part of a multi-disciplinary team and help shape the design of cutting-edge software.
- Write user-focused online content that explains key concepts and solutions to our end-users
- Develop examples and tutorials to show how to use our software to resolve a variety of technical computing problems
- Identify missing topics and fill gaps in existing information
- Collaborate with team members to plan, research, write, and update documentation
- Participate in the development of products, review software requirements and functional designs, provide comments and suggest improvement
- Help MathWorks develop next-generation online resources
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience with video, image, or signal processing
- Demonstrated ability to explain practical engineering concepts in the classroom or in writing
- Ability to develop and document simple, creative demonstrations of practical solutions in various industries
- Previous experience writing for a technical audience
- Knowledge of MATLAB and Simulink
- Experience in application areas such as image processing, deep learning, machine learning, ADAS
- Experience with robotics, computer vision, or controls
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming concepts
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here