Application Engineer - Model Based Design
As an Application Engineer, Model-Based Design, you will be working with world's most innovative companies in the wireless and communications, automation and machinery, automotive and aerospace/defense industries.
You will help drive industry adoption of Model-Based Design and will advise customers on how to design, develop, verify, and deploy their embedded systems. This position is located in our Kista office.
Explore here how MathWorks meets the needs of its customers in developing embedded systems.
- Work directly with customers to understand their requirements and workflows and then recommend MathWorks technical capabilities
- Reuse, develop new and demonstrate application examples
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations (onsite visits, seminars etc.)
- Execute in-depth technical engagements with customers evaluating MathWorks products
- Collect customer feedback and work with MathWorks development organization to provide input for enhancements
- Work with sales and marketing to create strategies for different accounts and markets
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- M.Sc. in engineering with a focus in one of the following disciplines, or similar; Mechatronics, Wireless Comms, Electrical Engineering, or Applied Physics.
- Experience from programming in C/C++
- Fluency in English is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to travel max 20% of time, mainly in the Nordic countries
Nice to have:
- Working knowledge of MATLAB and Simulink or similar tools
- Experience from embedded software development
- Experience from relevant industry such as Communications, Aerospace, Automotive or Automation.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here