C++ Software Engineer - MATLAB File I/O
Join our team and help our MATLAB customers import and export their data -- including streaming data -- and work with it in the productive technical computing environment they expect from MATLAB.
You will participate in all phases of the design, development, and testing of I/O capabilities including streaming data. You will be involved in the entire development process:
- Planning and prioritization
- Gathering user requirements
- Writing functional specifications
- Design reviews
You will work closely with other developers, quality engineers, usability specialists, and writers, and will also collaborate closely with downstream teams to help them leverage features and infrastructure you have developed.
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
Some additional nice-to-haves are any combination of the following:
- C++ programming skils
- MATLAB programming skills
- Familiarity with software design patterns and object-oriented design
- Experience with file I/O, file formats (csv, excel, xml), and databases
- Experience with Spark, Parquet, and other big data/data analytics frameworks
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.