Principal Customer Facing IT Software Engineer
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with technical experience and interest in integrating MathWorks products with enterprise IT software.
By deeply engaging and collaborating with customers in this area, you will influence the way they use MathWorks products! The work will involve recommending technical approaches using the existing products and developing proof of concept software solutions for integrating with IT software.
When regular business travel resumes, travel is encouraged anywhere from 5% to 30%, generally throughout US to EMEA and Asia.
We would prefer to have this staff member located in our Novi, MI office, but are also open to Natick, MA, Plano, TX, and Santa Clara, CA.
- Establish instant credibility and paint a vision with customers by using your industry experience to integrate MathWorks products with enterprise IT software
- Understand customer business problems and collaborate with corporate IT and business managers to match solutions to their ecosystem
- Lead Technical projects with key enterprise customers
- Develop software reference architectures and extensions to MathWorks products to meet customer needs
- Work closely with internal sales and other customer-facing staff to provide technical guidance for successful adoption of MathWorks products
- Advocate on the future direction of MathWorks products based on customer interactions/requirements
- A bachelor's degree and 12 years of professional work experience (or equivalent experience) is required.
- Demonstrated experience in software development and IT architecture design
- Customer facing experience including leading large/complex technical customer projects
- Ability to engage, negotiate and influence business and IT managers in enterprises
- Interest in one or more of the following IT areas is required:
- Cloud, e.g. Azure, AWS or GCP.
- Hadoop or Spark.
- Data streaming and IoT related technologies, e.g. Kafka or IoT Hub.
- Databases, e.g. MongoDB, SQL Server or Cassandra.
- Visualization, e.g. Tableau, Power BI or Spotfire.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.