Senior Embedded Software Engineer Consultant
MathWorks is seeking an engineer with experience in and passion for embedded systems to join our rapidly-growing Consulting Services team! In this role you will help our customers become self-sufficient in the use of MATLAB, Simulink and guide MathWorks users to efficiently deploy their embedded algorithms. Industries served include automotive, aerospace, automation, robotics, energy, and medical, among others.
- Lead consulting engagements with and deliver technical services to customers (~50% of time)
- Work with account teams to win product and services business and develop plans for customers to ramp into MathWorks products
- Conduct discovery and qualification discussions with customers
- Conceive, prototype, and evaluate potential solution strategies
- Work both independently and in teams to ensure customer enablement and success
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- In-depth knowledge of C/C++ for developing embedded applications.
- Experience integrating and debugging embedded code.
- Experience with software development processes for embedded systems.
- Candidates must be willing to travel once COVID restrictions are lifted.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in both a group and individual settings.
- The ability to effectively work with customers.
- MS or Ph.D in Engineering or Computer Science is a plus
- Experience in safety standards (e.g. IEC 61508, ISO 26262, DO 178) is a plus.
- Experience developing low level drivers and basic software i.e. SPI, GPIO, RS-232, etc is a plus.
- Experience with AUTOSAR is a plus
- Experience with a Model-Based Design process and tools (e.g. Simulink, Embedded Coder, Simulink Design Verifier, Simulink Verification and Validation) is a plus.
- Experience developing/using embedded targets in MathWorks products is a plus.
- Experience with code verification tools (e.g. Polyspace, Coverity, Klocwork, VectorCAST, LDRA) is a plus.
- Knowledge of coding standards/processes (e.g. CMMI, MISRA, ASPICE) is a plus.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.