Sales Account Manager - Shanghai
Working in our Shanghai, China office, the Sales Account Manager will be responsible for selling the company's products and services via on-site visits and telephone to named accounts and assinged geographic territory.
Responsibilities will include developing relationships at existing accounts as well as identifying and developing new business. You will work closely with local and international marketing teams and technical experts to bring the full range of MathWorks product and service offerings to your accounts. The qualified candidate should have experience in managing an assigned terriotry to sell sofeware and service to our clients.
- Develop relationships within existing large accounts and new divisions, locations, and customers
- Generate new named business by phone, customer visits, events and Highspots.
- Develop and manage a funnel of opportunities and activities
- Collaborate closely with customer facing engineer, Technical Marketing, and peer sales teams
- Document and report sales activities using an advanced CRM tool (Salesforce)
- Attain monthly/quarterly/annual sales goals for new software licenses, maintenance service, and professional services (consulting and product training)
- Expand MathWorks market presence and reputation within the territory
- Rigorously prioritize and follow up on all qualified leads provided by Marketing or Sales Support; energetically prospect for new business opportunities within a defined set of named accounts
- Prepare required sales documentation (e.g., trip reports, proposals, and Account/territory plans)
- Work closely with potential customers at all levels to understand users, requirements, and management business issues
- Gain access to and influence the appropriate decision makers to manage any evaluation processes and bring business opportunities to a successful conclusion
- 25-50% overnight travel required; daily/weekly travel
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience is required.
- Solid service sales experience is a plus.
- Evidence of success in complex software solutions sales
- Self driven personality; high energy level
- Demonstrated experience balancing volume and strategic sales
- Demonstrated success managing a territory and using a CRM system
- Experience working with application engineers and sales support resources
- Field sales experience required
- Prior High Tech or technical software sales or engineering products experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required (English/Chinese)
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.