Software Engineer C++
You will work as part of a team shaping the UI frameworks that drive the Simulink, Simscape, and Stateflow products. You will invent and implement novel user interactions and features. You will increase the performance, scalability, and elegance of our tools, enabling scientists and engineers around the world to work more efficiently and effectively.
You will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining UI frameworks using third party Qt framework. You will be taking designs all the way from concept to completion. You will not only design and code, but also document and communicate your ideas. You will
- Design flexible and extensible APIs for UI building in MATLAB and C++
- Develop and improve Block Graphics infrastructure
- Maintain and customize Qt library
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Broad comprehension of common design patterns, idioms, and styles
- Experience with Qt library
- Ability to document designs
- Leadership skills necessary to initiate and complete large independent projects
- Excellent communication, good working relationships
- Strong debugging skills
- Deep platform knowledge of Windows, Linux or Mac
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.