Senior C++ Software Engineer - Simulink Variant Systems
- Job: 29313-JSAR
- Location: IN-Bangalore
- Department: Product Development
You will work as a member of a talented and highly motivated team on advancing a core technology of Simulink called Variants. Simulink Variants enable users to effectively design, manage and implement via automatic code generation, large complex system models. The technology is widely used in the design of every-day-systems (such as cars) to advanced systems (such as space vehicles).
In this position, you will apply your software engineering skills to develop a paradigm for building and managing large systems with variation across data, structure, and tests. This requires strong development skills in modern C++ to build scalable and performant solutions.
You will collaborate with engineers to solve problems and stay on top of current software technologies. You will have the opportunity to impact the direction of a major feature of Simulink.
- You will be responsible for all stages of software development including requirements specifications, design, architecture, implementation, and testing.
- You will work with cross functional teams including customer facing engineers and user experience specialists to design and implement tools based on customer workflows.
- You will leverage your communication and inter-personal skills with a cross-functional team to deliver high quality features.
- A bachelor's degree and 6 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 3 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- C++ 11/14/17
- Broad understanding of different programming paradigms (functional, generic, object-oriented)
- Broad comprehension of common design patterns, idioms, and styles
- Ability to document designs (UML)
- Good communication and organizational skills
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.