Senior Build Engineer - Platform Internals
- Job: 30640-VKAT
- Location: IN-Bangalore
- Department: Infrastructure and Architecture
Join the MathWorks Infrastructure and Architecture team to achieve performance optimization using the Platform internals knowledge and maintain backward compatibility across supported OSes. Typical projects include maintaining ABI compatibility on supported OSes, working with compilation/OS internals to solve platform-specific issues, improvements in runtime performance of MathWorks products using system internals concepts.
- Work with Release Engineers and product teams to troubleshoot challenging platform/compilation specific problems
- Assist in supporting MathWorks products on new platforms and resolving platform-specific issues using system programming knowledge
- Participate in porting the codebase to newer compilers and C++ standards
- Design and develop infrastructure to prevent software build problems.
- Assist in measuring and improving our build system performance
- Document work to help train and educate developers about the build system
- A bachelor's degree and 6 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 3 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- B.E/B.Tech or M.E/M.Tech in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant technical field.
- Experience with at least one of Clang, GCC, or Visual Studio compilers
- Experience in working with OS internals of Linux/Mac/Windows
- Exposure to the internals of compiling, linking, etc.
- Experience with debugging using debuggers such as GDB
- Experience with Systems programming
- Comfortable using GNU make and scripting languages such as Shell, Perl, or Python
- Comfortable with programming languages like C/C++
- Excellent project coordination skills, planning skills, verbal and written communication skills.
- Independent learner and takes initiative while working within a team context.
- Balance priorities with good time management.
- Be undaunted by challenging problems
- Be willing to roll up sleeves and get your hands dirty
Nice to have:
- Be comfortable with multiple operating systems, development environments
- Familiar with x86_64/ARM64 architectures
- Experience with software configuration management tools such as Git
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.