Buffers, Switches, and Counters
|Number of samples of delay introduced by buffering and unbuffering operations|
|Buffer||Buffer input sequence to smaller or larger frame size|
|Delay Line||Rebuffer sequence of inputs|
|Queue||Store inputs in FIFO register|
|Stack||Store inputs into LIFO register|
|Unbuffer||Unbuffer input frame into sequence of scalar outputs|
Switches and Counters
|Counter||Count up or down through specified range of numbers|
|Edge Detector||Detect transition from zero to nonzero value|
|Event-Count Comparator||Detect threshold crossing of accumulated nonzero inputs|
|Multiphase Clock||Generate multiple binary clock signals|
|N-Sample Enable||Output ones or zeros for specified number of sample times|
|N-Sample Switch||Switch between two inputs after specified number of sample periods|
- Sample- and Frame-Based Concepts
Explore basic signal concepts in the context of a Simulink® model. Learn more about sample-based processing and frame-based processing.
- Buffering and Frame-Based Processing
Convert signals of frame size
1into signals of frame size greater than
1, and vice versa.
- Convert Sample and Frame Rates in Simulink Using Rate Conversion Blocks
Learn how direct-rate conversion blocks impact the sample rate and frame rate of signals in Simulink models.
- Convert Sample and Frame Rates in Simulink Using Frame Rebuffering Blocks
Learn how frame rebuffering blocks impact the sample rate and frame rate of signals in Simulink models.
- Delay and Latency
Configure the Simulink environment to minimize delay and increase simulation performance.
- Why Does Reading Data from the dsp.AsyncBuffer Object Give a Dimension Mismatch Error in MATLAB Function Block?
Resolve the dimension mismatch error when you read data from an Async buffer inside the MATLAB® function block.
- Why Does the dsp.AsyncBuffer Object Error When You Call read Before write?
Initialize the async buffer by calling either setup or write before the first call to read.