This MATLAB code generates a mesh from a black and white bitmap image:
- Find the contour of a black and white bitmap image (raster)
- Simplify the contour with a specified tolerance
- Mesh the shape (handling of holes and multiple domains)
This code uses the MATLAB PDE toolbox and generatates a FEM mesh (FEMesh object). However, the mesh can be used for other purposes than FEM simulations, such as 3d printing.
Look at the example run_example.m which generates the following mesh:
- Tested with MATLAB R2018b.
- Requires the image_toolbox (for contour detection).
- Requires the map_toolbox (for contour simplification).
- Requires the pde_toolbox (for meshing).
- Compatibility with GNU Octave not tested but probably problematic.
This code share some files with laser_cut_matlab_slicer.
Thomas Guillod - GitHub Profile
This project is licensed under the BSD License, see LICENSE.md.
Thomas Guillod (2021). mesh_from_bitmap_matlab (https://github.com/otvam/mesh_from_bitmap_matlab), GitHub. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!