What Is 3-Phase Power?, Part 7: Power Quality and Harmonic Analysis
From the series: What Is 3-Phase Power?
In AC electrical systems, a deviation in an AC waveform from a perfect sinusoid with nominal magnitude and frequency lowers the quality of supply, which can adversely affect system operation. Understanding what types of power quality issues occur and how to measure those issues is important for effective system monitoring, control, and protection.
You will learn:
- Different categories of power quality issues
- The definition of fundamental and harmonic components
- How a distorted periodic waveform may be represented as a sum of sinusoids
- How to perform harmonic analysis and calculate total harmonic distortion (THD)
- How higher-frequency current harmonics attenuate in the presence of inductance
You can also select a web site from the following list:
How to Get Best Site Performance
Select the China site (in Chinese or English) for best site performance. Other MathWorks country sites are not optimized for visits from your location.