RF and Mixed Signal
MATLAB® and Simulink® products provide engineers with higher-level abstractions to implement RF and mixed-signal systems with greater speed and fidelity in a unified platform. Engineers can:
Model RF and antenna elements, RF transceivers and front ends, and RF PCBs using measurement data such as S-parameters, physical properties, or data sheet specifications.
Develop analog and mixed-signal components such as ADCs, DACs, PLLs, power converters, and SerDes systems and generate IBIS-AMI models for high-speed digital interconnects.
Generate and analyze pattern distortion, compute impedance mismatches, perform RF budget analysis, fit S-parameter data, and visualize antenna coverage.
Observe the effects of ISI, jitter, noise, insertion loss, return loss, and crosstalk, and verify channel compliance with industry standards such as IEEE 802.3, OIF, PCle, and DDR.
Products for RF and Mixed Signal
Design SerDes systems and generate PAMn IBIS-AMI models for high-speed digital interconnects
Antenna and RF Propagation
- PCB Antenna for USB Dongle and BLE Applications (Antenna Toolbox)
Design and analyze a PCB antenna for USB dongle and BLE applications at 2.4 GHz.
- Infinite Array of Microstrip Patch Antenna on Teflon Substrate (Antenna Toolbox)
Model a probe-fed microstrip patch element used as a unit cell in an infinite array.
- Urban Link and Coverage Analysis Using Ray Tracing (Antenna Toolbox)
Analyze communication links and coverage areas in an urban environment.
RF Filter and Matching Network Design
RF System and Transceiver Design
- RF System Design for Radar and Wireless Communications (RF Blockset)
Design an RF system for radar and wireless communication systems.
- RF Transceiver Design (RF Blockset)
Design an RF transmitter and receiver.
- RF Noise and Nonlinearity Simulations (RF Blockset)
Simulate RF noise and nonlinearities.
RF PCB Circuit Design and Analysis
- On-Chip Square Spiral Inductor for Si RFIC Application (RF PCB Toolbox)
Model and characterize an on-chip square spiral inductor.
- Routing Discipline to Reduce Crosstalk (RF PCB Toolbox)
Analyze surface currents and follow routing discipline on a PCB trace.
Data Converters and PLL Design
- Delta Sigma Modulator Data Converter with Half-Band Filter for Decimation (Mixed-Signal Blockset)
Use the delta sigma modulator data converter for an analog-to-digital converter application.
- Tune Phase-Locked Loop Using Loop-Shaping Design (Mixed-Signal Blockset)
Tune the components of a passive loop filter to improve the loop bandwidth of a phase-locked loop system.
SerDes System Design and Simulation
- Design SerDes System and Export IBIS-AMI Model (SerDes Toolbox)
Create and analyze a SerDes system, and export an IBIS-AMI model using the SerDes Designer app.
- Design DDR5 IBIS-AMI Models to Support Back-Channel Link Training (SerDes Toolbox)
Create transmitter and receiver AMI models that support link training communication (back-channel).
- DDR5 Controller Transmitter/Receiver IBIS-AMI Model (SerDes Toolbox)
Create a generic DDR5 controller transmitter and receiver IBIS-AMI model.
High-Speed Serial and Parallel Link Analysis
- Analyze Serial Links with Serial Link Designer (Signal Integrity Toolbox)
Configure and explore the design space of a serial link and analyze the waveforms.
- Analyze Parallel Links with Parallel Link Designer (Signal Integrity Toolbox)
Configure and explore the design space of a parallel link and analyze the waveforms.