Modeling Electrical Power Systems with Simscape
This course discusses how to model electrical power systems in the Simulink® environment using the Simscape Electrical™ Specialized Power Systems library (formerly SimPowerSystems™).
- Creating three-phase systems with passive elements
- Creating three-phase systems with electrical machines
- Analyzing and controlling electrical power systems
- Modeling power electronic components
- Speeding up simulation of electrical models
Day 1 of 1
Introduction to Three-Phase Systems
Objective: Become familiar with the Simscape Electrical environment by modeling a simple three-phase electrical system.
- Creating three-phase models
- Measuring physical quantities
- Viewing and setting initial states
- Modeling transformers
- Simulating nonlinear electrical models
Three-Phase Systems with Electrical Machines
Objective: Create models with three-phase electrical machines.
- Modeling electrical machines
- Actuating and measuring machine quantities
- Initializing machines
- Selecting solver methods
Controlling Electrical Machines
Objective: Analyze and control the effects of loads and disturbances on electrical machine models.
- Modeling breakers and faults
- Controlling electrical machines
- Improving model readability
- Parameterizing models
Objective: Model electrical power conversion and transmission systems.
- Inverters and rectifiers
- Transmission losses
- Connection to Simscape
- Inverter control
- Model testing and integration