***Please note, this course is transitioning from one day to two days in January 2024.
This course focuses on modeling and controlling power electronic systems in the Simulink® environment using Simscape Electrical™.
- Modeling direct current (dc) power electronic components
- Controlling the level of fidelity in a model
- Developing controls for power electronics
- Modeling three-phase alternating current (ac) power electronic components
- Controlling power electronics for motor drive applications
Day 1 of 1
DC Power Electronic Systems
Objective: Learn to model and analyze direct current (dc) power electronic systems.
- Modeling a boost converter
- Measuring physical quantities
- Visualizing results
- Selecting a solver
Converter Model Fidelity
Objective: Learn to build power electronic models using the most appropriate level of fidelity.
- Selecting appropriate converter model fidelity
- Using prebuilt components
- Logging and comparing signals
- Measuring efficiency and losses
Linearization and Control
Objective: Learn to linearize power electronic switching models and tune closed-loop control systems.
- Implementing closed-loop voltage control
- Linearizing power electronic converters
- Tuning the controller
Three-Phase Power Electronic Systems
Objective: Learn to model and analyze three-phase ac power electronic systems.
- Modeling a three-phase inverter
- Measuring three-phase physical quantities
- Characterizing harmonics and distortion
Objective: Learn to model and control electric motors using power electronics.
- Modeling a PMSM motor
- Implementing motor control
- Verifying the motor design
- Integrating into a system-level model