- Select "Activate automatically using the internet."
- Log into your MathWorks account.
- Select the correct license.
- The username field should auto-populate with the correct user name. Leave it as is.
- Confirm the activation information.
- Click "finish" to complete the activation process.
- Restart MATLAB.
License Manager Error -9 Your username does not match the username in the license file.
578 views (last 30 days)
License checkout failed.
License Manager Error -9
Your username does not match the username in the license file.
To run on this computer, you must run the Activation client to reactivate your license.
Troubleshoot this issue by visiting:
License path: /home/alex/.matlab/R2019b_licenses:/usr/local/MATLAB/R2019b/licenses/license.dat:/usr/local/MATLAB/R
Licensing error: -9,57.
I am a student, I want to install the matlab under Ubuntu, but always get this problem??why is the matlab so unfrienddly to the users??
Hans Scharler on 30 Jan 2020
The best way to resolve a License Manager Error -9 is by reactivating MATLAB with the activation client.
The activation client is located here:
Once you have launched the MATLAB activation client:
Also, check out this Answer from MathWorks Support Team: https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/answers/99067-why-do-i-receive-license-manager-error-9
I hope this helps you out.