This issue is currently under investigation by MathWorks.
Along with a Simulink start up error, you may experience the following errors:
1) Functions such as plot and readData give errors
2) Apps such as Signal Analyzer and Live Editor give errors
3) MATLAB starts up with the error:
at com.mathworks.installjscommon.services.InstallServices.isMatlabRunning(Unknown Source)
It may contain a bundle number, like Bundle#10.
4) Simulink start up error with a bundle number, like Bundle#350 and Bundle#359
Bundle#350 start failed: Loading C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2019a\bin\win64\builtins\sl_graphical_classes\mwsl_graphical_classes_builtinimpl.dllfailed with error
5) A significant performance issue. ">> 1+1" may take a few seconds
6) New features listed in the release notes don't work
The workarounds for this issue is: 1) Perform a clean installation. Please review the article below on how to do a clean installation
2) Install MATLAB with update:
Navigate to <https://www.mathworks.com/downloads>and download the installer with "includes R20XXx Update X".
Please help us investigate this issue by sending us information. To do this:
1) Please do not perform any workaround
2) Get complete output displayed after entering the following command into MATLAB Command Window
3) Find your installation logs using the article below:
4) Contact our Tech Support