Is it possible to make MATLAB start up faster if I launch without the MATLAB Desktop?
43 views (last 30 days)
MathWorks Support Team on 8 Nov 2011
The MATLAB Desktop takes a long time to start up and this is slowing down MATLAB's launch time.
I am using a machine that satisfies the system requirements that you publish in your documentation.
MathWorks Support Team on 24 Jan 2017
The final process in launching MATLAB is opening the MATLAB Desktop (or IDE). Decreasing the number of windows that open during the initialization of the IDE will speed up the launch time.
Try the following suggestions:
1. Do not have the help browser open during launch.
See the Related Solution listed at the bottom of the page for more information.
2. Decrease the number of files in the editor already open from the last session of MATLAB.
3. Choose only your favorite windows from the IDE.
4. Shut down MATLAB and restart.
5. It is possible to launch MATLAB with a -nodesktop flag. This will open the old desktop from MATLAB 5.3.1 (R11.1). It will not allow you to use the file browser, launch pad, and other IDE functionalities added since MATLAB 6.0 (R12).
To launch MATLAB using the "-nodesktop" flag, type the following command at the UNIX command prompt or in the Target Property of a Windows Shortcut (or DOS command line):
(where $MATLABROOT is the full MATLAB root path)