Control System Toolbox Apps
Control system analysis and design apps enable you to analyze time and frequency responses of linear time-invariant (LTI) systems, automatically tune PID and arbitrary SISO and MIMO controllers, and compute reduced-order models using interactive interfaces.
The Control System Designer, Control System Tuner, Linear System Analyzer, Model Reducer, and PID Tuner apps are included in Control System Toolbox™. You can find them, along with the rest of the apps for your installed products, by clicking the Apps tab in the MATLAB Toolstrip.
Control System Designer App
The Control System Designer app lets you tune SISO controllers. With this app you can:
- Display and manipulate the Bode, root locus, and Nichols plots for the controller currently being designed
- Add, modify, and remove controller poles, zeros, and gains graphically or textually
- Analyze closed-loop system performance using plots such as step response, impulse response, and pole-zero map
- Tune controller gains automatically using proportional integral derivative (PID), internal model control (IMC), or linear-quadratic-Gaussian (LQG) methods
- Import and export plant and controller data from and to MATLAB® workspace
Control System Tuner App
The Control System Tuner app lets you interactively tune SISO or MIMO control systems modeled in MATLAB or Simulink®.
The Control System Tuner app is included in Robust Control Toolbox™. You can find it, along with the rest of the apps for your installed products, by clicking the Apps tab in the MATLAB Toolstrip.
With this app you can:
- Select Simulink model blocks to tune
- Specify design requirements such as reference tracking, disturbance rejection, stability margins, and target loop shapes
- Automatically tune control system parameters to meet specified design requirements
- Examine multiple system responses in both the time and frequency domains to evaluate performance of the tuned control system
Linear System Analyzer App
The Linear System Analyzer app lets you analyze time and frequency responses of LTI systems. With this app you can:
- View and compare the response plots of SISO and MIMO systems, or of several linear models at the same time
- Generate time response plots such as step, impulse, and time response to arbitrary inputs
- Generate frequency response plots such as Bode, Nyquist, Nichols, singular value, and pole –zero plot
- Inspect key response parameters, such as rise time, maximum overshoot, and stability margins
Model Reducer App
The Model Reducer app lets you interactively simplify LTI models while preserving model dynamics that are important to your application.
With this app you can:
- Remove states with low energy contributions
- Select significant modes
- Cancel close pole/zero pairs
- Compare original and reduced models using time and frequency domain plots
PID Tuner App
The PID Tuner app automatically tunes PID Controller gains. The app lets you:
- Design a PID controller for your plant automatically
- Specify the controller type (P, I, PI, PD, PDF, PID, PIDF) and form (parallel or standard)
- Analyze the design using a variety of response plots
- Inspect performance and robustness parameters such as rise time, settling time, overshoot, gain, and phase margins
- Adjust the design interactively to meet your performance requirements
File Exchange Apps
You can create your own MATLAB apps and share them with other MATLAB users. Community members frequently share MATLAB apps through File Exchange.