Introducing the Fixed-Point Converter App for MATLAB
In release R2014b, Fixed-Point Designer will add the Fixed-Point Converter app for automated conversion of floating-point MATLAB code.
How this benefits you:
The Fixed-Point Converter app enables you to convert floating-point MATLAB® code to fixed-point MATLAB code. You can choose to propose data types based on simulation range data, static range data, or both.
Highlights of the webinar include:
- Automated fixed-point conversion of MATLAB code using the Fixed-Point Converter App
- Fixed-point data type proposals based on fraction lengths or word lengths
- Fixed-point data type proposals based on simulation range data, static range data, or both
- Test numerics by running the test file with the fixed-point types applied
- Comparing floating-point and fixed-point test results using the Simulation Data Inspector or your own plotting functions
- Viewing a histogram of bits used by each variable
About the Presenter
Harshita Bhurat - Fixed-Point Designer Product Marketing Manager at MathWorks, Embedded Systems Application Engineer at Broadcom Corp., M.S. in Computer Science at Illinois Institute of Technology.
Recorded: 24 Oct 2014
You can also select a web site from the following list
How to Get Best Site Performance
Select the China site (in Chinese or English) for best site performance. Other MathWorks country sites are not optimized for visits from your location.