- Explore calculus concepts using a math-inspired syntax, interactive commands and multi-dimensional visualizations and animations.
- Access a wide range of powerful mathematical utilities commonly used by researchers and industry professionals.
- Combine equations, commands, output, graphics, and explanatory text in a single MATLAB script.
- Teach the concepts alongside the computational problem-solving skills needed for a successful career.
Calculus 1 at Texas A&M University (symbolic)
Calculus 2 at Texas A&M University (symbolic)
Other Calculus course materials (numerical)
Pre-Calculus and Algebra
- Solving Algebraic Equations Symbolically (11:54)
- Solving Systems of Algebraic Equations Symbolically (12:11)
Documentation, Examples and Textbooks:
An introduction to Symbolic Math Toolbox utilities for Calculus
Common Calculus topics in the Symbolic Math Toolbox documentation
- Taylor Series
- Solve Differential Equations
- Ordinary Differential Equations
Other Symbolic Math Toolbox examples
- Analytical Plotting with Symbolic Math Toolbox
- Find Asymptotes, Critical and Inflection Points
- List of all examples
Numerical functions commonly used in Calculus
Some Calculus Textbooks using MATLAB
More MATLAB information:
Learn MATLAB in 2 hours
- MATLAB Onramp, a free, interactive tutorial
Free Auto Grading
MATLAB in Industry