Simscape™ enables engineers to optimize the design of industrial trucks, including boom lifts, scissor lifts, forklifts, and other equipment for elevating people and moving goods. You can tailor Simscape models to your exact design and explore the entire design space. Use the examples linked from this page to refine design requirements, design control algorithms, and test controller software without relying on hardware prototypes. MATLAB® apps help you configure models to test for compliance with government regulations.
Model Industrial Trucks Using Simscape
Top 10 Use Cases
- Refine mechanical loading requirements for static and dynamic load cases.
- Assess working envelope by importing exact designs from CAD and FEM software.
- Integrate electric and hydraulic designs with models of mechanical linkages.
- Explore the entire design space by running simulations in parallel.
- Size powertrain components appropriately for both propulsion and lift mechanisms.
- Increase efficiency by simultaneously tuning design parameters in any system.
- Test impact of faulty and degraded components using virtual tests.
- Design and test control logic against all safety requirements.
- Validate automated driving algorithms in virtual industrial complexes.
- Test your embedded software against a virtual system using HIL simulation.
Import Mechanical Data
Integrate CAD and FEM with electrical, hydraulic, and control systems.
Explore Design Space
Find the optimal design by using MATLAB to vary any design parameter.
Design Actuation Systems
Determine power and force requirements in complex mechanisms.
Test Control Logic
Ensure your system always fulfills regulations, from early designs to HIL tests.