Simscape™ Vehicle Templates are designed to help engineers model and simulate vehicles using Simscape products. They include one-axle, two-axle, multi-axle vehicles, and trailers that are integrated with powertrain and chassis controls.
The templates include a vehicle model that you can configure for different powertrain architectures, driveline concepts, and suspension designs. You can also use a MATLAB® app to help you configure the vehicle and the test scenario. A modular library of components gives you a starting point to create custom vehicle models.
Model and Simulate Vehicles Using Simscape Vehicle Templates
Top 10 Use Cases
- Explore powertrain architectures for conventional, hybrid, battery electric, and fuel cell vehicles.
- Modify the suspension design by moving hardpoints obtained from CAD.
- Connect custom multilink suspensions to hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Design active chassis controls for anti-lock brakes, stability control, and active roll control.
- Develop regenerative braking algorithms connected to electric powertrains.
- Test your designs against realistic road profiles by converting GPS data into 3D road definitions.
- Optimize vehicle-level performance by tuning design parameters in any system.
- Validate ADAS algorithms in scenarios involving stoplights, vehicles, and pedestrians.
- Find stability limits for vehicle-trailer combinations.
- Test your embedded software against a virtual vehicle using HIL simulation.
Simulate longitudinal and lateral dynamics on flat and uneven terrain.
Develop anti-lock braking and stability control algorithms.
Validate algorithms in virtual tests with realistic physics.
Tune design to meet target ride and handling characteristics.
Evaluate architectures and size powertrain components.