A big image may not fit into memory, which makes it challenging to
display and process. The
blockedImage object solves this problem by representing an
image as a collection of smaller blocks of data that can be
independently loaded and processed. A
object can support large images and images with one or multiple
Create Blocked Images
|Big or multiresolution image made from discrete blocks (Since R2021a)|
|2-D multilevel blocked image (Since R2023a)|
|3-D multilevel blocked image (Since R2023a)|
|Concatenate levels from multiple blocked images (Since R2023a)|
|Create labeled |
Display Blocked Images
- Set Up Spatial Referencing for Blocked Images
This example shows how to set up and verify the spatial referencing information of a
- Read Whole-Slide Images with Custom Blocked Image Adapter
This example shows how to add support for reading whole-slide images by creating a custom blocked image adapter.
- Explore Blocked Image Details with Interactive ROIs
This example shows how to display a detailed region of a blocked image selected interactively using ROI tools.
- Warp Blocked Image at Coarse and Fine Resolution Levels
This example shows how to apply a geometric transformation (warping) to a blocked image.
- Label Large Images in the Image Labeler (Computer Vision Toolbox)
This section describes the differences with using the Image Labeler app with blocked images.
- Convert Image Labeler Polygons to Labeled Blocked Image for Semantic Segmentation
This example shows how to convert polygon labels stored in a
groundTruthobject into a labeled blocked image suitable for semantic segmentation workflows.
- Work with Blocked Images Using Volume Segmenter
Segment a volumetric image that could be too large to fit into memory by converting the volume to a blocked image.